Wednesday, December 5, 2007

ONE MONTH - Wow!

It is hard to believe it has only been one month since our son came into our lives. So much he has learned and experienced in such a short time. He has completely stolen our hearts.

He had his first 'American' haircut today. He did so well. They put some gel in his hair and I think he thought he looked pretty cute...of course we did! They gave him a sucker that turned his lips and tongue blue, which he thought was the coolest.

What can I say, in the country less than two weeks and already in love with McDonalds. He loves the apple dippers and the milk jug. I think he thought the milk jug was his own slice of heaven on earth!

He was playing with his cars today, making all sorts of pretend noises and talking to himself and I started thinking about how much change he has been through and how well he is adjusting.

He has ridden his first bike, been pulled in his first wagon, probably been kissed for the first time by a dog, ate his first taco, tasted his first Oreo and drank about 10 gallons of milk and a ton of bananas and apples. He's played with toys of his own and we mustn't forget his CARS cell phone. Has his own Mr. Bear to cuddle with and shoes that he picked out himself. And he learned to dance...okay he learned from us so his 'moves' may not be the hippest (did I just say hippest...enough said!)

Tomorrow, we are going to celebrate Thanksgiving and give thanks to the Lord for all our Blessing and there are many! Then we are on to Christmas!!!We plan to have our tree up this weekend. I can't wait to see his face light up when he wakes up to the tree. This Christmas will hold a special place in our heart as we watch the magic in a little boy's eyes. I am so blessed to be home with him during this very special time of year.

As I laid down with him this evening and he fell asleep with his arms wrapped around my neck, I looked down at his beautiful face and could feel the beat of his heart and the rhythm of his breathing and thought there is no place I'd rather be right now.

May God continue to Bless our Journey and each of you.

2 comments:

2ones said...

Yes!
Thanks for posting. It sounds like you're all doing great. I'm so glad!
Carla

Dianna said...

Give Austin a huge hug from Phoebe and I! We miss his little giggles and are thrilled to hear that he's settling in so well. We miss you guys!