Sunday, October 21, 2007

Catching-up

It has been a long, long journey to finally have our passports, visa and G & R date! We found out October 10th that we were leaving to bring our son Austin home. I was in Kansas City when Bill called to give me the news...of course, I cried in front of everybody at work. I am not sure how to describe all the emotions, overwhelmed and overjoyed at the same time...kinda crazy!

I went back through all the e-mails from the start, it brought back many emotions... I am so happy he is finally coming home. I've loved him from the first moment I saw him; somthing in his eyes grabbed hold of my heart..and Bill's too.

I have been working on his room for some time now and I hope he likes it. Been busy getting ready for our big trip. A little nervous about the plane ride...I hope it is smooth.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

I figured I'd be your first comment!!! I know exactly how you feel. I wish we'd had computer blogs and the like when I got my babies! He is so sweet looking. I can't wait to meet him.

Debbie

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

Congratulations on your G&R!! We brought our son home in July. I know the flights sound terrible, but they really won't be as bad as you think. Plus, VN is an amazing place, AND you get to meet your son! Woo hoo!

I think I took the photo in your sidebar. If you are so inclined, send me an email and I'll see if I have any additional pics or video.

: ) jjm (JessicaJ on the forum)

bringinghomebe.blogspot.com
jjohnstonmyers@gmail.com

Tricia and Kirk said...

Bill,
It was great taking to you today. I hope you can sleep tonight…you just might need it!
Have a great trip.

Kirk
woodybaby.blogspot.com

Leigh said...

Hope your flights go smoothly! Good luck! Can't wait to follow your journey!

LeighB

babblingbooth.blogspot.com

Aunt Ginny said...

We couldn't believe that we missed your phone call from the airport this morning. Our hearts are full of love and joy for you both. Grandpa LeRoy and Grandma Tyson are beaming down upon you. We can't wait to see our new nephew. We will be following you.

Love ya,
Aunt Ginny and Uncle Bill

Helen said...

Hi kids.Charlotte & I got this far. Don't know how much farther we can go....

Alena & Marlene Wille said...

Kim & Bill,

I just read your blogs and I am overjoyed for you both and your family. What an amazing journey you have been on. I cannot wait to meet Austin and see you as a family. My heart is beaming for you! I wish you safe travels home. With Love, Alena