Saturday, November 17, 2007

Austin discovered a Carousel




We found a small playground that had a carousel. I thought he was going to cry at first, but he didn't indicate he wanted off. Just a new experience for him. I have to keep remembering that he has never had many of the experiences he gets to share now and everything is new to him.

This is the same for food. He definitely like pasta and rice the best...of course ice cream and Oreos too! He loves watermelon and pinapple. He chatters away and I sure wish I knew what he was saying. We are communicating extremely well given the language barrier, just curious as to what is going on his little mind sometimes.

He went swimming yesterday with his Daddy...in his Spiderman swim trunks (finally found a safety pin!). They had a good time together splashing around the kiddie pool.

We bought Austin a pair of sun glasses and when he isn't trying to wear them upside down, I think he thinks he is pretty cool. Bill bought him a braclet the other day and he seems to love it. I can't believe he hasn't lost it. He even sleeps with it on his arm. Some how it worked itself off his arm in the night and that was the first thing he was looking for this morning.

I bought him a comb today because God only knows where he puts my comb when he plays with it...He thought he was going to wear his hair out. Had to take it away from him so he could go to sleep at nap time...didn't go too bad thankfully. Generally, he is easy to redirect.

It is 1:00 in the afternoon and Daddy and Son are out like lights. Bill is going to meet Rachel and Tommy's plane at around 11:30 tonight. He has the taxi all arranged so it should be easy enough to get them here safely.

We are going to take two tours. One of Hay Long Bay, which I believe is a full day trip and you get to go in some rock formations in the bay and caverns, I think. They say it is beautiful. We are also going to take a Hanoi tour that takes out to all the main tourist attraction. Bill and I have seen a few already. It should be fun, but I am really, really ready to come home.

2 comments:

Nana Lynn said...

Good Morning! I second the "I am really, really ready to come home"! I am really, really ready for you all to be home.

It won't be long & you will understand EVERYTHING that the Little Man is saying. And, there will be times that you will wish he would stop talking.

There are so many things that we take for granted that Austin hasn't been exposed to. There is nothing better than to experience things through your childs eyes! Austin is so blessed to have the Momma & Daddy that he has. And his sister will be there soon. (I believe that while I am writing this, she is already there :) )

Enjoy, take it all in. You will be home soon. Love you all! Hugs & Kisses! Love, Nana Lynn

Helen said...

Well! Nana Lynn beat me with a comment this morning but I did get up a little earlier than usual just to see if we had heard from you. I wanted to see if Rachel & Tommy had made it yet. PLEASE let me know as soon as you pick them up. I know this next week will be the longest one I'll have put in yet. Be so glad when all you kids get home. I'm very anzious to meet my new grandson face to face. Love you all very much. Mom & Granny