Thursday, November 15, 2007

More on Austin

Daddy and Austin are taking a nap so I thought I'd share a little news of the day. Bill sprayed Austin with cologne this morning and he was pretty proud of himself! We went into downtown this morning. Tons of traffic. I think worse than Saigon. Didn't buy a whole lot, but plan to go back tomorrow morning. Still hoping for a change of hotels. It is the same chain, just a different location...more central. This helps a ton with sightseeing since we have to work around nap time.

We came back to the hotel and Austin had spaghetti...three bowls. He is such a funny little guy. He loved the spaghetti and found his own way to eat it...very funny. Apparently, he doesn't like to be messy because he kept wiping his face after every bite or two...it needed it...just very funny. I gave him an uncooked piece of spaghetti and demonstrated that it is okay to eat. He found it more interesting to put it in his water bottle. Somebody should have warned me that little boys will find ways to do things that girls wouldn't think of...or at least I am sure I didn't (ha!ha!)

I introduced him to hard candy which is at the front desk...guess how long it took him to figure that one out...once! Guess who can say 'candy' clearly????

6 comments:

jen e. said...

Spaghetti, candy ... boy after my own heart!

Melissa Cz said...

My son just learned "sucker" after halloween. He doesn't even know what to do with it, but it is all he wants. Boys are funny like that!

Heather M. said...

I have so enjoyed following your blog. I hope you have a wonderful stay in VN & enjoy everything it has to offer! Congrats on your new son. Boys are so funny!
Heather M.
Dillon Family...waiting for referral.
Mommy to Blake & Bryce (CanTho, VN)

Aunt Ginny said...

I am so excited for Rachel meeting her brother. Your family will all be together for Thanksgiving. Now I will be waiting for my new family picture. Let us know about Rachel and Austin's reunion. What she thought of him, her trip, and the sightseeing. Uncle Bill expects her to share Hungry Hippo with Austin. One week to go. Yea!!!!

Nana Lynn said...

Good Morning Evans Family! All I can do is smile evertime I read the blog! It is so exciting! It won't be long now & you will be HOME!!! I am glad that "Mom" had to do what she had to do so Austin could swim. It doesn't take much to make the little ones happy. Just some quality time, love & attention. Which I am soooo sure that Austin doesn't get much attention, just like Marcus! HA HA
Hope all goes well with the hotel search. I too am excited about Rachels arrival!! She is probably biting at the bit. And I know that you both feel better w/ Tommy traveling w/ her. But you will be relieved when she is there with you! Gotta go. Grams (Ginny) & Marcus are gone to the movies so I am going to take advantage of it & get some things done! Love you all! Hugs & Kisses! Love, Nana Lynn

Cindy said...

Kim and Bill,

I have enjoyed following your journey with Austin each day. I can't wait to meet Austin. I can tell by your emails you both are bursting with joy! Enjoy the rest of your time in Viet Nam and we will see you when you get home.

Cindy Warminsky