Thursday, November 15, 2007

We have Austin's Passport and Visa in hand!!!

Yahoo and Yippee and all the rest!

We are finished with everything over here and are ready to bring our little guy home. We had our farewell dinner with the other families that departed yesterday and today.

Bill and I will be on our own until Rachel and Tommy arrive on the 18th. We are trying to find better accomodation, but don't have that settled quite yet. We have very nice rooms, but were looking for a room with bedrooms so we can all be together. They have them, but there are none available at the momement. Either way, it'll work out fine.

Austin took his first swim..in his skivys no less. He wanted so badly to swim with an older girl - 8 years old - what was a Mom to do? He stripped down and in he went. I had to stop him at the skivys. He loves water....a duck in another life maybe. He loved it! Bath time has never been a problem. Three rubber ducks and he was hooked for life.

He has been playing in the playroom and doing well while I was in there. His Daddy just came by and said he jumped from the top of the ladder into the ball pit. I am going to start saving for those ER bills. At least, he didn't do it in front of me. Now, I just need to find out if he was following Bill's lead (ha!ha!).

We are going to explore some shopping today. We went to the Temple of Literature yesterday and it was really neat. One of the most interesting things was the age of the grounds. The trees had roots like I've never seen before....Bill's back and ready to go.

Love you all tons! B and K and AUSTIN too...

2 comments:

Helen said...

Good morning, this morning! Hey Kim, You are as typical a mom as tho you had had three or 4 other kids. You seem to be learning so fast on the behavior of little boys. It only gets better. Altho my little boys are becoming old men now, the amazement never ends. As they grow a little older, your love seems to grow even more. And ,OH, when the grandkids start coming , you feel like your heart could burst with love. I am so happy that Bill can experiencs the joy of raising a boy. I know he will be as great a dad as his brothers and their dad are.Love,Granny

David Archer said...

Kim
Thanks for sending me the blog address. This is the first time I have seen Mr. Austin. I am so excited for you and Bill and Rachel. I can't wait to meet him. I will have some hard candy on hand. I will just have to leave the swimming up to mom and dad. Congratulations. I am praying for a safe trip home.
David