Monday, November 5, 2007

We got 'em!

All I can say is WOW! This is the most amazing experience. We met Austin on Sunday and went back to get him on Monday and he has been with us since. We have made it through the Giving and Receiving date, passport photos. We have a medical for him today at 1:00.



We traveled about 4 hours and saw a lot of Vietnam. It is a very diverse culture. Many things going on all at once. The traffice is 100% total craziness, even by Bill's standards. The coutry side is beautiful and very, very different. It has been an eye opening experience and not at all what I expected. The standard of living is very different, but the people seem to take care of their own and doing well.



The experience at the orphanage was very overwhelming. I will forever be grateful we got to experience where he lived and slept the first few years of his life. It was very emotionally draining to say the least. He seemed to be well cared for.



Now, to the important stuff. Our little guy is totally amazing and a true gift from God. He has adapted so easily. He is playing and seems very happy. We were able to give master the potty thing, brushing his teeth and even bath time. His sleeping went fairly well. He tossed and turned a bit, but seemed to settle in after awhile. His appetite is totally unnaturally...bottomless pit would best describe it. He is definitely not a picky eater.



He has the most infections smile and giggle. He is so smart. He has been trying to imitate some words and already understands a few phrases. He seems to be attaching to us and turning to us for safety...the streets here are very noisy and busy.



Did I say his Daddy and I are head over heels in love with this child? 24 hours and we are gonners for life. I am not sure I can describe it, but it is the most amazing thing.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I am so excited!!!!! I cant believe he is already starting to understand somethings and that he is trying to immitate you!!!! wow!!!! thats amazing! he's laughing and not crying!!!!! thats always nice!
I cant wait till I get to meet him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tina said...

This is Tina a fellow Dillon mom. I just traveled to Ninh Thuan in October and adopted a 3 year old. If you need any assistance when you get home please feel free to holler at me. Austin looks just adorable and I wish you all well in your trip and a smooth transition upon returning home.

Tina

TinaCornelison@yahoo.com

Aunt Ginny said...

How exciting!!!! Can't wait to meet him. Marcus is so excited too!! Loved reading Rachel's blog also. What a great young woman she has grown to be. She will be the best big sister. (Next to Lynn of course), Will be glad when you get back. Everyone sends there love, congrats and all that stuff.

Love ya,
Aunt Ginny

Keep the news coming.

Unknown said...

Congratulations, guys!

Laura said...

This is LauraT - yet another Dillon mom. I'm so glad that everything is going well for you and that you already feel like a family! I look forward to hearing more about your transition to a family of four.

Helen said...

It is so wonderful that the 3 of you bonded so fast. Bet he thinks he's in Heaven. I know you do. Wish you could come home with him today. We love you all very much. Granny & PaPa Tom

Curt said...

Deb and I are so happy for you all. Thank you so much for including us in your experience through your blog. We are very excited to meet the little guy and see you. Congratulations and enjoy every last minute. We'll see you soon.

Curt and Deb