Sunday, November 18, 2007

Waiting for Rachel and Tommy

Waiting on Rachel and Tommy

Bill just left for the airport about an hour ago. We have Austin in his Scooby Doo PJs so hopefully when he meets Rachel and Tommy he will do his Scooby Doo thing...too cute. He also has to answer the phone every 30 minutes or so (its not ringing) with the cutest "yello". He has been doing this since about day two. We only received one or two calls, but he is quick!

We finally got moved to a two bedroom apartment with this huge walkout deck-really huge that over looks the lake - just need to make sure we keep the OFF on because of the mesquitos...and there are lizards too---YIKES! This was an answered prayer because up until 3:00 today we were trying to figure the best sleeping arrangements between two studios. I told Bill I felt like the Jeffersons..."moving on up" and to the penthouse no less. It really gave Bill and I some breathing room. So nice not to be so couped up...it was awful for such a long period of time.

Austin seems to like it a lot. He was even siging this afternoon, which we haven't heard before. Not sure what he is signing about, but Bill is going to try to get it on tape.

Having the extra space will sure help this last week, but it is still not home. Can't wait to see the red dirt of Oklahoma...never thought you'd hear me say that! I can't wait to see my dogs...as always I worry about them when I am away. I think this has finally did me in and Bill is going to have to get a motorhome before I am gone for an extended period of time again. I am getting too old for all this worry.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers for our safety and to be the best parents we can be. This little guy is pretty special!

2 comments:

jen e. said...

I have not an ounce of doubt that you are good parents already and will continue to be so, but I'll include that in my prayers nonetheless, and a safe return for all of you.

Helen said...

Hi Kids. I've been praying for your safe returns ever ever since you left. We also had a special prayer in Sunday School. I am so glad that Tommy and Rachel got there okay. Kim, you will find out how sisters, uncles , grannys and other relatives can come in handy for you when you completely give out (and you will). We all love playing with the little guys. I know you will have a wonderful time this last week so enjoy it and be careful. Love you all. Mom/Granny