Saturday, November 3, 2007

It's a big day and tomorrow will be even bigger!

Wow! We survived with minimal stomache upsets. Still sleeping in short intervals, but have been doing that in weeks in the States any how. We even survived crossing the streets and once at night...that is BIG over here. Did we already say the traffic was crazy?

I got ready today thinking this was the most important "date" of my life. I want so much for our little man to see us for the first time and not be scared...I am sure it doesn't make a difference what our hair looks like or what we are wearing, but it is the only thing in my control right now..and the weather here doesn't help....way muggy...nothing like KS or OK. I am hoping to keep my emotions under control so we don't scare him to death.

It was really weird waking up this morning thinking "Today, we will meet our son" and we pray he transitions smoothly and has a happy life with us. So much feeling in our hearts with no adequate words.

Rachel:

God has left his finger prints all over this process and will continue as we all journey along life together. You are destined for great things because you see things with a good heart. I've always told you this since you were little. Always remember that. Austin will bind us together in a way that we all don't recognize yet. You two are my children, my daughter and son. You will probably have children of your own before Austin is grown, don't share that with your DAD!, and you'll have such a wonderful experience as a big sis to build your confidence just as you've built mine.


Gotta go now, we are meeting the other couples for breakfast. Of course, we've been up for hours and have already eaten...you know your Dad...Daylight is burning even in Vietnam.

Mom:

I hope you are keeping up with our journey though Cindy. I have asked Lynn and Rachel to keep you posted as well. I love you and know you are with me.


Will write after our big DATE!!!

Please keep us in your prayers, especially Austin as this must be so scary for him.

6 comments:

2ones said...

Thinking of you, starting on the road to Vinh Long now!
Carla

a34log said...

Congratulations. -- Chris Lopez

Debbie said...

Hurry and tell us more. I can't wait much longer to find out how things went with Austin.

Rachel said...

yea yea yea!!!!!!!
well how did it go??????? We are all dying to KNOW!!!!!!!!

Stephanie Gilliland said...

How are you? We miss you and can not wait to hear how things are going. How is Austin? What has he been doing? How did he react?Please tell us soon. Everyone at HelpPoint sends their love! We miss and love you all! Glad to hear you found food! Everyone is asking about you.

Aunt Ginny said...

Hope you held your composure better than I am. I cry everytime I read the next page in the journal. Wish we all could be a little mouse and see you and Bill as much as Austin. Now you know the anticipation of seeing the little one for the first time. Kim, you are going to be a great mom. You became one upon making the decision to get him. I am so proud of Bill to give you this special gift and allowing you to experience this little guy along with his sister. Everyone sends their love and so excited to see all. I told them they had to wait in line. Can't wait for the next update. Hold him close and dear to your heart.

Love from us!!!